Little Signers Club; North Wiltshirebaby and toddler signing classes with Ioanna in Royal Wootton Bassett
Welcome to Little Signers Club!
Do you believe that your baby has something to say and deserves a way to say it?
You are in the right place.
My name is Ioanna and I am your signing teacher for Royal Wootton Bassett and North Wiltshire.
I started signing a few years ago when I met a group of deaf adults in the library that I used to work. I was instantly caught by the beauty and wealth of Sign Language. To me, using my hands to communicate was a whole new world. After my first informal classes, I decided to proceed with studying BSL and worked my way up to Level 3 at Frank Barnes School for Deaf Children. This is when my twins arrived. Signing with my kids from an early age was an amazing and rewarding experience for me. I still remember the day when my 7-month-old boy got up in the morning signing for his milk. Baby signing can not only change the way you communicate with your baby, but it is also great fun for all the family.
How could baby signing help you and your baby?
Learning to sign with your baby could benefit both. It is proven that signing:
- Reduces guesswork, frustration and tantrums, as your baby is given one more tool to convey his/her needs and wishes to you and people around.
- Bridges communication gap until speech develops and encourages speech development. Signing allows two-way conversations before your baby can even talk.
- Helps you understand your child’s personality and feel more “tuned in” to your baby.
- Strengthens the bond between you and your baby, as eye and tactile contact are involved, resulting in meaningful interaction. Signing aids in creating a close loving and nurturing relationship with the children that leaves them feeling confident and safe and allows them to flourish.
- Promotes language development and literacy skills, as the interaction between adult and child is the most important factor in the development of language. Sign language can improve children’s English vocabulary, reading ability and spelling proficiency.
- Stimulates brain development, as signing uses both hemispheres of the brain. Research shows that signing from the early years has a long term effect on cognitive development.
- Initiates interest and enthusiasm for learning.
What classes do I offer?
- Baby Signing Basics™
- Sing Sign and Rhyme™ courses
- One-to-one and private group sessions
- Classes for the local nurseries
What can you expect from my classes?
My classes offer a friendly, relaxing and safe environment where you and your baby can have fun while learning a new skill. You will be taught simple signs through rhymes, songs and stories that can be used at home by the whole family. Signing with us is a fun process that encourages playful reaction. Classes are also a great way for new mums to socialise and meet like-minded people.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for any enquiries you may have.
Enjoy your signing journey with Little Signers Club!
Enhanced DBS Check
Public Liability Insurance
Working towards BSL Level 3
Signing for Early Years
Communication Development (birth to three)
Baby and Toddler Signing
taught by experts ~ delivered with love
Baby Signing Basics™
Our structured, informative introduction to baby signing!
Covering key topics and signs, each session of our Baby Signing Basics course gently guides you through your baby’s communication development and helps you to understand how baby signing supports this.
Our emphasis is on fun; the course is relaxed with with plenty of practical communication and development tips.
Once you have finished this course, you will be confident in your ability to use simple signs with your little one, know exactly what to expect from your baby as they start to sign and have a repertoire of useful signs to take them through their signing day.
IDEAL FOR: 6 months +
Sing, Sign and Rhyme™
Our lively, topical and informal classes which are ideal for little ones of all ages.
Come along and join the fun!
Ideal as a follow on from our popular Baby Signing Basics course (which you may have already attended) or as a topical introduction to getting started with signing with your little one.
Based around an engaging theme each week, there is plenty of singing, signing and popular rhymes to gently engage your baby or toddler – and a gentle social time for parents too.
IDEAL FOR: 3 months +
Sing, Sign and Rhyme classes are generally split into non-movers and movers sessions – please check with your Little Signers Club Leader
You Won't Regret It!
‘It’s been great to meet other mums and their little ones – and as a result we have both gained some lovely friends.’
Treasure Box Moments
‘Signing is really special and touching.
My little girl recently signed ‘I love you’ but hasn’t yet formed all of the words. Signing has enabled us to share treasure box moments that we would not necessarily have otherwise shared.
I would absolutely recommend Little Signers Club to all mummies, without reservation.’
His Little Face Lights Up
‘The difference a few simple signs (like Milk, Food and More) made were amazing. His little face would light up every time I knew what he meant.’