Your privacy is important to Little Signers Club.
We’ve developed a Privacy Notice that covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information.
We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.littlesignersclub.co.uk. We’re a small business and we have done the very best to think about how we would want our own information to be treated so that you can feel comfortable with using our site and attending our classes.
We don’t collect anything that isn’t needed in order to help you. And we’ve done our best to implement a simple and transparent approach to our business so that you know what will happen when you contact us, make a purchase from us or visit our site. This is driven by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) which are effective from 25th May 2018.
What types of data might we collect – and why?
There are several categories under which Personal Data falls, as follows:
- Communication Data – questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address, if you contact Little Signers Club through the contact form on our website, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data so that we can answer your questions and queries, to provide you with information that you have asked for and for our own record keeping (which may include that needed for any legal claims.)
- Marketing Data – your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our newsletters, and how you use this service – for example whether you open our newsletters and which links you click on, your IP address and timezone. We may use Customer Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook advertising through the Facebook Pixel) so that we can understand the effectiveness of the advertising.
- Technical Data – details of which version of web browser you used as well as information on how you use the site, by using cookies and page tagging techniques, which is from our analytics tracking system. We use Google Analytics and you can find out more about how Google uses data at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Customer Data – information for us to complete our side of any contract between us when you make a purchase from our site (such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your paypal transaction reference).
- Sensitive Data – is not collected on this website. Sensitive data includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
This data can be viewed by authorised people in Little Signers Club and our suppliers, to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our newsletters and products
- respond to any feedback or enquiries you send us
- to enable us to complete any contractual obligations we may have when you make a purchase from our site
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for and not for any other reason. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
When we process your data, we do so under one of the following lawful bases which are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR.
At least one of these must apply whenever we process your personal data, as stated on ico.org.uk
Consent: that you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose – like sending you our newsletter.
Contract: that processing is necessary for a contract we have with you – if you purchase something from our website
Legal obligation: that processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
Vital interests: that processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
Public task: that processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Legitimate interests: that processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Further Reading and information:
As a small business we mostly process your data under the bases of Consent, Contract, Legal Obligations and Legitimate Interests and where your consent is necessary, we will always ask for it specifically. This data will always be limited to only what is needed.
Where your information is stored
We store your information, whenever possible, on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA) (except for data that we gather when you sign up to SmallTalk, our newsletter.
Some of our suppliers are based outside the EEA and therefore your information may be accessed outside the EEA. We have undertaken a data audit for these suppliers and they are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. We have strict controls over how and why your information can be accessed.
When you sign up to SmallTalk, our newsletter.
We use Mailchimp for our newsletter service.
Mailchimp has two data storage facilities and may stores your data in Switzerland or the USA. Mailchimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
As a subscriber to SmallTalk, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our newsletter service.
We will continue to send you email newsletters and alerts until you tell us not to or use the unsubscribe option on any of our emails.
Keeping your information secure
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your information is secure once we receive it including website security plugins that are regularly updated.
How long do we keep your data for?
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We need to keep some basic information (Contact, Financial and Transaction Data for example) about our customers for six years after you finish being a customer.
You can unsubscribe from any marketing communication at any time and you will immediately be removed from our mailing list.
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites, ever.
When you enquire about classes, local to you, via the website, your request will be forwarded to the relevant Little Signers Club leader, if we have one.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you’ve signed up for our newsletter service, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
If you’d like to know more about GDPR and your rights, you can find out more at
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please let us know.
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites (such as Bookwhen, Facebook and Instagram), plug-ins (such as Woo Commerce) and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, plugins or applications and cannot be responsible for their privacy statements. Please read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Little Signers Club operates as a Sole Trader in the UK. You may contact us at any time.
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice from time to time.
Updated: May 2018